Civil Tax Controversy
Bankruptcy Tax Matters
Legal Assistant: Julie P. Bonwell
Ms. Veliz joined LeSourd & Patten, P.S. in 2008 after working for 13 years at the Office of Chief Counsel for the Internal Revenue Service. As an attorney for the IRS, she tried cases before the United States Tax Court involving individuals, corporations, and estates. She also provided advice to IRS agents during audits and on collection matters. In addition, Ms. Veliz represented the IRS in bankruptcy cases.
Currently, Ms. Veliz’s practice consists of a broad range of tax issues arising in tax controversy matters before the Internal Revenue Service and representing clients before the United States Tax Court.
Ms. Veliz lives in Bellevue with her husband, David, and their three children. She enjoys snow skiing and year-around hiking with her family.
- University of Washington, School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Oregon State University, B.A. and B.S. 1991
- Washington State Bar Association, Tax Section
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit